2012 Cascadia Poetry Festival 1 – SEATTLE SCHEDULE
Cascadia Poetry Festival-SEATTLE 2012:
Friday, March 23, 2012
Saturday March 24, 2012
- Faculty-led discussion on Cascadia, open to Gold Pass holders only
- Panel, nature walk and writing prompt: Igniting the Green Fuse: Women on Eco-Poetry moderated by Kim Goldberg and featuring Catherine Owen, Kate Braid & Heidi Greco. Held at Seward Park Environmental and Audubon Center
- Workshop with Tim McNulty, Images as Windows
- Workshop with Dan Raphael, Reading in the Rain
- Keynote Talk and Reading with Dan Raphael, Tim McNulty, Judith Roche, Trevor Carolan & Maleea Acker.
- Great Beer and Poetry: The Cascadia After Party, hosted by Brian McGuigan and Greg Bem and sponsored by The Elysian Brewing Company, with readings by various Cascadians.
Sunday March 25, 2012
- Faculty-led discussion on Cascadia, open to Gold Pass holders only. This event made possible by Poets & Writers.
- 1p -3p
- Workshop with Judith Roche, The Power of Place CANCELLED DUE TO ILLNESS. A SPLAB Living Room will take place, with poets encouraged to read one of their own poems in a circle format.
- Reading featuring poets from the anthology, Introducing A Sense of Place: The Washington State Geospatial Poetry Anthology featuring Washington’s Poet Laureate, Kathleen Flenniken.
- Sunday closing reading with Sam Hamill. Sam speaks on what John Haines called “A Place of Sense.” “Or, more loosely, Cascadiana poesía.”
- 8P (or about 30 minutes after the closing reading)
- Open Mic hosted by Alex Bleecker.